Call execute get Authorization token automatically when you hit API

When I make a request I need to make a getToken call from Oauth, and this token is short-lived so every time I make changes to request I need to call this get token endpoint again . can we have an option that will make this get token API call every time when I make a request.

1 Like

Hi @MVKarthi!

Welcome to the community :wave:

This is a very common question amongst Postman users.

Follow the link below to get more information on how to accomplish scripted token calls with postman for every request.

Additionally, in the comments, there is a Medium article that should be helpful.

Hope this helps!
Orest

1 Like

Has there been any information from the postman team about adding this in? Seems odd they would build out that authorization type, but require you to click the button first. Or at least allow you to get some of the values like toke url or grant type out of the collection in a script. Even better let you run what postman is doing for get new token in your script. Just seems odd you can’t make use of what is there or again them in the future adding auto-checks for expires_in. I can’t find any official blog or anything about why they don’t do this or if you can even access it.