Can Postman tool be an on-premise tool?

Hi ,
Can Postman be on-Permise tool.
If cannot be on-permise tool ?
all the information related to the API , where are they stored and how secure are they ?

1 Like

Hi @msandeep32,

If you’re asking whether you can replace the Postman Sync server with your own I’m afraid the answer is no.
You can learn more about the data we collect and how we handle it in our Privacy Policy:
https://www.getpostman.com/licenses/privacy

That being said, you are able to disable the synchronisation and use the app fully offline while creating your own saves/backups using the Postman API.

Hi @arlem ,

I’ve used the Postman Sync server with my team in my at my previous employer. We bought the licenses and started sharing changes instantly. Backend and frontend developers were super happy as they no longer had to export every change, commit it to git, push it and every one else pull it and import it in their own local workspace.
I’ve since changed companies and wanted to introduce this to my new team. Unfortunately, the new company with stricter rules won’t allow syncing with the cloud. Especially not outside of Germany. Are you planning on allowing an on premise server or at least a server in Germany?
If not, you may can put something in my hands which helps me to convince the security department that it is safe to sync our workspace to your cloud?

Thank you, bernd

@bernd-work Hey there! We’ve started working on a few features specific for Enterprise customers who have very specific requirements (cf. Deploying Postman at Enterprise Scale | Postman Blog), though I’m not able to share when we’ll have a on-prem version of Postman available at the moment.

In the meantime I’d recommend sharing this page with your security department as it highlights all the compliance/regulations that Postman has https://www.postman.com/security/, you may also have them reach out to security@postman.com for more information if they’d like.

Is there any update on this? An on prem sync server would make it a lot easier to sell enterprise. Everything in postman seems to be moving to cloud and paid only. With it not having an on prem option its basically a deal breaker to get Postman adopted company wide. Security is #1, and nothing makes a company feel more secure than keeping all data on prem.

2 Likes