Connect Api + create CSV File + Automatically

Hi, I will like to know if by using Post Man (any plan) I can connect to an API, extract the data to a .CSV file, send / store this file in Postman, Dropbox, One Drive, FTP, etc… automatically?

The reason why I need to do this is because the process to connect Power Bi / Qlik to the Api is not easy and needs a development investment

Any help / coments will be more than apreciate!!

Hey @alejandro and welcome here! :slight_smile:

Could you detail a bit more what you’re planning to do? Are you expecting the API that Postman queries to return the filtered CSV straight away or are you expecting it to return the whole CSV and then to do the filtering in Postman?
Also, how big of a CSV file are you talking about?

Arlemi hi

Thank you for your answer,

On blue mi answers over your questions:

Could you detail a bit more what you’re planning to do?

The api that I´m working with only deliver 50 lines per call, to move forward to the other call you need to replace an endpoint with data from the data that you receive on the first call, the number of calls depend on the lines until you get a 0 value on the column that has the information from the end point.

I already tried and worked manually.

But I need to know If I can schedule this process to run overnight and if I can export this data into a csv automatically.

On the next link the API description and the API field description:

API Manual:

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/391043/APIv3DeveloperDocumentation%20(4).pdf

API Description:

https://api.repsly.com/v3/help/

Are you expecting the API that Postman queries to return the filtered CSV straight away or are you expecting it to return the whole CSV and then to do the filtering in Postman?

Any of these options could work, the best one is to be able to filter and then get the csv but if it’s not possible I will work with the entire CSV file. The reason why I’m interested in getting a CSV file is because is a lot easier to work with this files in Power Bi or Qlik.

how big of a CSV file are you talking about?

Maximum 6,000 lines in 10 columns, the maximum file size is around 1.5 MG

Any comments or ideas will be more than appreciated!!!

Arlemi hi

Any news on the last mail? I will like to know if it’s possible to do so or if I need to keep looking in other tools

Saludos

Hey @alejandro,

Sorry for the delayed answer.

What you’re asking for seems feasible. Since you already have a working request to query your endpoint and move forward until the end of the file you can use Newman (a CLI Collection runner) to run the collections and write the responses directly to the file system as explained in that blogpost:

If this doesn’t quite make sense let me know and I can go into more details. :slight_smile: