Disable postman from updating

Does anyone know how to stop Postman from automatically updating?

1 Like

Hey @waynejoshchevay. You can disable Postman from getting major updates, by toggling the switch in Settings > Update.

Here’s a screenshot for your reference.

It is not possible to disable minor updates and bug fix releases, if that is what you wanted, please open a feature request on our issue tracker on github. (Would like to understand your use case in this scenario.)

Agreed, the automatic minor updates can be frustrating.

I created a feature request here https://github.com/postmanlabs/postman-app-support/issues/6757

@deepak.pathania You sure about that :grimacing

I’ve disabled automatic update and POSTMAN still trying to download update !!

Same here.
I have disabled auto-update.

But, it still updates on its own. Why?

Edit:
Postman automatically downloads minor updates and bug fixes.
Is this due to the above mentioned lines?

The toggle will disable major updates, v7 > v8.

It will still continue to download minor and patch updates, v8.0.0 > v8.1.0 or v8.0.0 > v8.0.1

This is all based on Semantic Versioning, you can find more information about this type of versioning here:

Never click update tab to understand status, never never.
That’s null about Disabled or Enabled, if you click Update tab? Congratulations, it well run new version next time.

If you need to temporarily work with an older version you should try and find a 9.X.X series, as far as I know the official links are being actively removed and no longer works since the official policy is to push all users to work online only with version 10, but you should be able to find something in the net.

With a 9.X.X series the auto-update feature behaves as expected at least for now.