Does not get response the first time from Postman

When I send a request the first time, Postman returns a ā€˜could not get any responseā€™ response. However if i post the URL in Chrome first it returns a result and then if I put the URL in Postman, it returns response. Any idea why this is?

Error Message:
Could not get any response
There was an error connecting to ā€œURLā€.
Why this might have happened:

• The server couldnā€™t send a response:
    Ensure that the backend is working properly
  • Self-signed SSL certificates are being blocked:
    Fix this by turning off ā€˜SSL certificate verificationā€™ in Settings > General
  • Proxy configured incorrectly
    Ensure that proxy is configured correctly in Settings > Proxy
  • Request timeout:
    Change request timeout in Settings > General

Hey @djoseph

Welcome to the community :wave:

Itā€™s a little difficult to understand the context around this issue, are you able to provide more details please.

A screenshot, information on the settings or more details about any environment variables would help.

Also, the version of the application and the OS youā€™re running it on, would help out too. :grin:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Postman v7.0.6 on a Win 10 OS.

I have a GET method on an URL. When I send this request directly from Postman, I get the error that I mentioned above. So I use the URL in Chrome and actually get the correct response. After this, if I use the GET method again from Postman I will get the same response. Sometimes, I have to click the Send command a few times before I get the response.

There are no environment variables. It is just a simple request to see if the server is responding.

Thanks,
Deepa.