How to Distribute Postman in SCCM

Dear Postman team

I’d like to distribute Postman through SCCM. Couldn’t see an MSI, your app only exists as an *.exe. as far as I could see.

1. If existing could you please provide your setup installation as an MSI installer, so it can get distributed easily?

2. Or, let please share best practice if there are other options you’d recommend?

I tried to wrap Up your setup into and MSI, thought it doesn’t work properly.

Thanks for your guidance to get this fixed soon!

I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best, Atakan

Hi @AtakanTan and welcome to the community! :wave:

Postman currently doesn’t have SCCM or MSI support for deploying the software to managed machines. The ability to deploy the client silently or centrally is something that has been requested by other users: Support multiple channels for installing/ updating Postman app. · Issue #4576 · postmanlabs/postman-app-support · GitHub.

As a workaround, I’d recommend checking the GitHub thread above or look at the option brought up here: Deploy Postman via SCCM.

Hi,
I got sccm deployment working following this guide: https://www.prajwaldesai.com/deploy-microsoft-teams-using-sccm/

Hi Cyrielle
In my company we are trying to deploy Postman via SCCM. But there is detection rules error while deploying. So, I would like to know that is there any msi packages available now or can you help with the detection rules?
Br
Monb

Lazy coding, throwing everything into the user environment so end users can get around administrators or so end users can pull down updates.
In a world where Ransomware is costing companies billions and 3rd parties are getting hacked to deploy ransomware via updates, encouraging end users to download .exe files is asking for trouble.