Import history from old machine to new machine

Hi,

I need to import the history from an old machine to a new machine.
The old machine is signed in under a different user and I thought I might be able to copy
C:\Users\otherUser\AppData\Roaming\Postman\IndexedDB\file__0.indexeddb.leveldb
into
C:\Users\myUser\AppData\Roaming\Postman\IndexedDB\file__0.indexeddb.leveldb

However when I relaunch Postman after copying over what I am trying to import these files get overridden and just my original history remains.

I need to import the history from the old machine and import it to my own so that I can review and create any relevant collections etc

Thanks in advance

Hi CormacEganSnipp,

The data from your old machine will be synced with your Web dashboard, so you can login at the link https://identity.getpostman.com/login with your old UserID and share the required collections and environments with your new UserID. Let me know how that works out.

Regards,
Aamir

2 Likes

Hi Aamir,

I’m facing a similar issue. My sync wasn’t ON but I managed to recover my file__0. In the doc shared on recovering data (How to recover my data? – Postman) I’m unable to perform the third step:

1. Open Postman Canary, and bulk export your data from within the app. Save the resulting .json file to your local machine. To learn more, please refer to Data Dumps.

I can’t find any bulk export option and what its mean “within the app”? There’s export data only which emails me very old data, not the “local saved file” version. I’m expecting it to be much latest which I pasted in ~/.config of postman canary.

Need help in this regard. Thanks!