Improve Newman Documention for Custom Reports

newman
documentation
customreports
tutorial

I’ve had a go at trying to explain, how you can start creating your own Custom HTML report templates. It’s basic but I hope it helps.

2 Likes

@dannydainton thanks again man for this tool. My client loved it when I showed them last week during our demo. First time my client has said “wow”. This is a great community and I am glad there are people out there willing to put in a lot of time making these awesome report templates!

1 Like

You’re very welcome! :slight_smile:

0 Likes

@mmf_smily I’ve updated the template to add in the collapsible requests. This is in version 1.40.1 of the NPM package - Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@dannydainton, super ! thanks a lot for considering the request. :+1:

1 Like

It was simple and something I should have done anyway. For now, just to get something published, I’ve only change this in the requests but not in the other tabs.

I’ll get to that when I have some more time.

2 Likes

@dannydainton Would there be anyway to get the response headers added to the requests tab. You already have the response body, but it would be nice to have the headers as well.

0 Likes

@Whersh umm…like this? :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Yeah just like that. That isn’t already there is it? I hope I didn’t just completely miss that part of it.

0 Likes

Nope but I added it in there and published a new version. If you update to the latest one, you should be able to see it.

Let me know if that’s what you meant.

0 Likes

I’ve updated the latest version (1.5.0) of the htmlextra newman reporter.

It now has a new Dark Theme dashboard template - This is an option straight from the CLI using the --reporter-htmlextra-darkTheme flag or in a script by setting the darkTheme property to true .

The main view looks like this and all the other tabs have been styled to match this too.

It’s still not fully finished but it should to ok as a first iteration. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t want to limit everyone to the same title on the reports…so I added a flag that can be changed to whatever you like… :grin:

For example, using the following --reporter-htmlextra-title "My awesome report title" would create a new report with that heading :grin:

For those people who just want to only see the requests that have Test Failures, I’ve added an option that lets you do this.

By using the showOnlyFails flag, the report created will look the same but in the Total Requests tab, only the requests that contain test failures will be displayed.

Additionally, I’ve added more detail to the request view which explains why the test failed. This was previously in a different tab (It’s still there… :slight_smile: ) and was a bit awkward jumping back and forth.

This is all available in version 1.6.1 of the htmlextra reporter.

2 Likes