After using Git for my previous API tests (not in Postman), it’s frustrating using shared collections/environments in work spaces in Postman.
My Main Frustration:
- If I have written a test collection in Postman and shared it with my Team Work Space, they are now able to see/run these tests.
- However, I feel like I can no longer work on this collection as any changes I make are updated in the team work space in real time.
- Ideally, collections/environments that are shared via Work spaces should be versioned.
- After sharing with my team, I should be able to continue to work locally without effecting the shared collection.
- Once I feel like I have finished with the local collection and I’m ready for my team to have the latest version, I should be able to “push” or “update” the collection that is shared with the current version I have locally.
- If I’m refactoring collections that are already shared with my work space (or being used in CI) I don’t want their tests to fail due to me making changes locally and it’s in the middle of a test run.