List of Trusted Certificate Authorities?

I am wondering if there is a published list of certificates that are trusted by default in the Desktop Postman client. I have a wildcard certificate that is signed by the DigiCert Global Root CA and requests in Postman are failing unless I disable SSL verification. The requests work in curl and in my browser. I see that the DigiCert Global Root CA is a default trusted certificate authority in the Mac Keychain, so this makes sense. I’m wondering why it’s not working in Postman though.

I know that with self-signed certs you can load them in to the Certificates settings page already, but this is not a self-signed cert. This comes from DigiCert and I would think that would work out of the box.

1 Like

I ran into the same issue. When opening Postman console it gave the error message “Error: unable to verify the first certificate”.

This clued me in that the server side certificate was not complete. I combined my root cert with my intermediate to provide the entire cert chain and then provided that as my ssl_certificate.

cat root.pem intermediate.pem > chain.pem

Might be to late for you, but hopefully this helps someone else running into this.