Local collection is missing after logging out of native app - is this backed up anywhere?

Here’s what I did:

1. Created a collection and a bunch of requests in the native Mac app. I did not have a Postman account at the time
  2. Created a user account and a team workspace through the Postman web site so I could share the collection
  3. Logged into this account through the native app and noticed some syncing; the native app asked me to update the team workspace accounts to v7, which was weird because I’m using v7.0.7 locally and no one else is on the team. I had to quit the native app to dismiss the dialog.
  4. Couldn’t see the synced collection in my personal or team workspace through the web site
  5. Logged out of the native app

Now my collection from step one is gone. What happened? I can’t find the collection in the app or the web app.

I don’t see an obvious location for the local collection storage on my file system - is historical collection data stored anywhere?

Hi @enorris_in8

Sorry to know the collections are lost after signing in. Unfortunately, once you sign out of the application local data is wiped out. You could check if the data is still present, to do that follow the steps below:

1. You could navigate to “~/Library/Application Support/Postman/IndexedDB/file__0.indexeddb.leveldb”.
    ( If its Windows then: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Postman\IndexedDB/file__0.indexeddb.leveldb)
    You will see 6 files in the folder at the end of this step. Now, you’ll need to have the Chrome App installed in your system.
  2. Now open the link- chrome://indexeddb-internals/. You’ll be redirected to another page. Under Paths, copy- paste the first path and open it in your system- /Users/Name/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/IndexedDB/https_docs.google.com_0.indexeddb.leveldb
  3. Launch the app(without login in ) and it should show your data if not corrupted.

We have fixed all issues related to sync in our latest release v7.09. Let us know if you still face any issues in our latest version.

1 Like

I have a letest version of postman on my ubuntu and when I logged out of my account all the data is gone nothing is synced

@dshinde757 Sorry to hear about the loss of collections - could you please follow the steps mentioned in this article below and see if that helps?

https://support.getpostman.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035071313-How-to-recover-my-data-

I’ve just updated to 8.0.3 and afterwards I created a new account. It happens the same as described above. Damn… I did the steps to solve in the first answer. But it does’nt help :frowning: without an account, the life was better.

Wohooo… i’ve found a backup file in the postman program directory and got back my data

I use version 9.13.1 in my MacBook
I have same issue. After tried to browse at my local, it seems postman always do backup data before.
I found the backup at /Library/Application Support/Postman
Then I use the “import an existing file” feature in the home tab.
And it working well

Hello, I have the same issue.
I followed your step and found the folder indexedDB, but I am still confused about how to use it.
can you more explain step number 2?

and the support/postman I found “backup-2021-02-22T02-47-58.219Z.json” can this also be imported?

But I want follow your step, thanks