Looks like you've used a newer version of the Postman app on this system. Please download the latest app and try again

Hi, I just downloaded the latest version of Postman, now I get the error:
“Looks like you’ve used a newer version of the Postman app on this system. Please download the latest app and try again.”
Then it spins at the loading dialogue and does nothing else. If this is the latest version, why wouldn’t it see that?

I’ve tried to reinstall a couple times, still same error.

I’m on MacOS X

Thank you.

I’ve attached the screen in which it is stuck.2019-10-29_10-52-35

Hey @joshl, welcome here!

That issue has been reported on Github yesterday, can you try the workaround steps listed there and let us know if that works?

1 Like

Thank you. I ended up uninstalling it, then deleting all postman folders in the ~/Library folder and it allowed me to install it then. Thank you,

1 Like

hi i got the same error for postman, i am also uninstalled and delete the library files, but still it is showing same error,can you guide me

@nikithasadhu Our services had some issues yesterday which might be the reason why it wouldn’t load. Can you try again and let us know if it’s working now?

Please refer the above screenshot, i am getting this error, plese send the resolution as early as possible. my work is being on hold because i am unable to access postman

Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to ValueMomentum Inc. and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering the information to the named recipient, you are notified that any use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us immediately at info@valuemomentum.com

@nikithasadhu Please try the different solutions outlined here: How to resolve the Could not open Postman error? – Postman

If none of these work, reach out to our Support team and they’ll be able to help: postman.com/support

Edit: In the meantime you can access Postman on the Web: go.postman.co

C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Postman

under the above path i have 2 postman apps which one i need to rename as old,please refer the screenshot below

C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming\Postman

under the above path i have the below folders,please refer the screenshot below and tell me where i have to rename postman as postman.old

Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to ValueMomentum Inc. and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering the information to the named recipient, you are notified that any use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us immediately at info@valuemomentum.com

@nikithasadhu You need to rename the folder, not a specific file.

it is working thank you so much for the support

1 Like