Newman CLI showing 401 with NTLM authorization

Hi Postman Team,

We are trying to integrate Postman collections tests into our CI environment however when
running the collections via Newman CLI, the tests are getting 401 error, the same tests are
working fine through the Postman application but not through Newman. please help.

Regards
Lok

2 Likes

We have the same issue. All tests working great with Postman. Export Environment and Collection files and run β€˜newman run’ command and all GET/POSTs are 401 errors.

We are using Inherit From Parent in all of our tests. When we overwrite the Inherit From Parent on one test and run it with Newman it works. BUT with over 500 individual tests this solution is kind of a pain.

Is there a way to run a Postman collection using Inherit From Parent for NTLM authentication for all tests in Newman?

Brett

Hi
I am facing the same problem.I have a collection which has Get requests which gets the document from Azure Cosmos db using rest API in postman.This works fine in Postman, but gives 401 when
I try running through newman.
Can someone help with this.

Hi maybe i found a solution try to add the auth not on your collection but in each request it should work

Hello. I’m facing the same problem. Did you find any solution to this issue?