Number of iterations possible

Hi I am getting started with Postman and wanted to see if there is a limit of iterations that can be run for a collection. Could this is a way supplement the use of a load test against a collection of apis? Also would it be run from your cloud against our network or locally?

@david.borg To properly validate load, running the same collections would not give you the results you are looking for. Where Postman is not multi threaded, the load that is placed on your services would be very minimal.

I have run into this as well and to create a bit of a load working within the Postman ecosystem I utilized the Newman runner. Once I had my Newman parameters figured out and working as I like.
I simply created a bash script that had this same command in there X times and would then execute the bash script to launch many Newman runs.

This essentially just kept hitting my services with the same collection simultaneously and gave me the results I was looking for. Not exactly perfect but kept me to a single ecosystem and kept it clean.

I do believe load testing is on the Postman teams radar though.

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help.

Thanks a lot for this. I still need to get properly accustomed with newman but once I do I will look into how I can run this.

Sounds good. Let me know if you have any issues.