Order response examples in published API documentation

It appears that published API example responses don’t conform to an order.

I want people to see happy path (200 responses) when they hit the documentation, not error scenarios.

As far as I can tell there’s no way to set the order of said examples when they’re published, the order seems to be random.

I’ve tried re-arranging the JSON so that 200 responses are first but this doesn’t appear to work

Any ideas?

Hi there @richard.hopkirk -

The examples should be ordered by creation time. So the first example created should be the first example displayed in the documentation.

Looks like someone has already requested the ability to order examples. Feel free to upvote it, and /or provide your specific context here: https://github.com/postmanlabs/postman-app-support/issues/1070

1 Like

Thx for the feedback, @jetison.

I see. That’s probably where the issue is, I’ve imported this collection for publishing so I guess the creation date for each is the same. I note there’s no date in the JSON body when exporting.

That’s a pain really, means I’ll have to delete then re-create the examples :frowning:

Thanks for the link to upvote the ordering of examples, that would indeed overcome this issue.