Pass Environment Variables out of Newman into NodeJs environment for further use

In my scenario I need to use Node as the operating environment and pass variables out of Newman and used from within the .js that will be executing the script to start the collection:

newman.run({
    collection: require('./somename.postman_collection.json'),
    reporters: ['cli', 'html']
	delay: ['200']
	}).on('beforeRequest', function (error, args) {
    if (error) {
        console.error(error);
    } else {
        fs.writeFile(`request.txt`, args.request.body.raw, function (error) {
            if (error) { 
                console.error(error); 
            }
        });    
    }
}).on('request', function (error, args) {
    if (error) {
        console.error(error);
    }
    else {
        fs.writeFile(`response${getDateString()}.txt`, args.response.stream, function (error) {
            if (error) { 
                console.error(error); 
            }
        });        
    }
});

This .js will also be processing some data-files (which are the names of the variables that would be passed out of Newman) then use the new data-file (using appendFile to make multiple files one larger file) as input for the collection to be run. The alternative would be to use JS to make the HTTP:POST request and parse the JSON outside of Newman; however, this solution has eluded me as well. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

hi,

Had you found a solution?
I have the same problem. I want to get variable from Newman using js.

I was unable to solve this problem; however, I just worked around it by only using Newman to perform small functions, not as I originally intended but in the end the solution was resolved/fixed. I have spoken to others familiar with node and Newman, and to their knowledge, passing variables out of newman and into another js is not possible.

I was originally using Newman to run everything in the collection; however, I settled for using Newman for a small portion of the original requests in the collection and the requests that I needed to have variables for - I wrote some small JS scripts using Axios to make the requests, parse the info I needed and create variables from them, then utilized basic callbacks and/or Promises when needed. Hope this helps.

In Axios, responses are already served as a javascript object, no need to parse, simply get a response and access data.

I was originally using Newman to run everything in the collection; however, I settled for using Newman for a small portion of the original requests in the collection and the requests.