Pass multiple data files to a collection

Hi,

Is there a way to pass multiple data files to a collection either in collection runner or in newman? one per folder within the collection?

Thanks,
Amruta

3 Likes

@amruta.kale I am afraid right now you can’t pass data files per folder in a collection. Newman and collection runner do support data files and which behaves as parameters for each iteration of a collection run. Here is the link to know more about how data files are useful while running a collection through Newman or collection runner.

Thanks Prakhar, can this be considered as a feature request? Looks like a few people have the same need

@amruta.kale It’s not in roadmap yet, but yes we will keep you posted once we provide this feature. Thanks for pointing this out.

Any updates on this?

@_pjoshi_126 Are there any updates on that topic? In my case I want to use 1 data file for sending requests and another one to compare response data with web service output file. Right now I’m uploading data from the second file through google API but maybe there is the simplest way to do it.

Is there any updates on this feature? This would be a very useful usecase in our team. We need to put several different files to different endpoints, and supporting choosing multiple data file in collection runner will help us put them to the destination. Thanks!

Totally agree. This feature would be very useful for advanced testing use cases.

What about following this approach?

It worked from newman.