Postman Monitor - Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND

Hello Postman-community!

I’m currently facing an issue regarding the Monitoring feature of the Postman that I couldn’t figure out somehow. When I run my collection which includes some POST Requests which contain a few tests that check some of the reponse content, this runs totally fine. Though, whenever I start a monitor with the same collection, I immediately run into the following error:

Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND domainname domainname:portnumber

Does anyone know why this error might pop up? The domain that I’m testing is publicly available, so I’m kind of confused…

Thanks in advance for your help!

Is the URL in question using environment variables for the domain/protocol/port or anything else that would be used for resolution? If so, is the environment being resolved correctly? You can check by logging the environment values.

Hi godfrzero,

thanks for your fast reply! Apparently, I’m not using any environment variables in the collection at all… So the URL that I’m using within my requests is pretty much static…

Ah, that’s weird. If it’s a URL you can share here, please do. If not, can you send us an email at help@getpostman.com, including the monitor ID, error message, and the URL you’re trying to hit?

Check if your URL path is having any space or unexpected character. Occurred with me because there was space.