Using postman for the first time

Hello! I have no idea how to use the GET. I want to run a test on a php file that is sitting on my local drive. I am not familiar with POSTMAN at all. I was told to use … localhost/new/v1/registerUser.php but I am getting the error could not get a response. Anyone have the patience to help out this total newbie?
TIA!!!

Hi @kariez

Welcome to the community :wave:

Sure, since you have setup your page locally - you’ll need to provide the proxy details in the application to access the same. This can be done by clicking on the wrench icon in the upper-right corner of the app > Settings > Proxy. Hope this helps!

You can learn more about configuring proxies on Postman from this resource here:
https://learning.getpostman.com/docs/postman/sending_api_requests/proxy/

Thank you very much for your help. Since you were so kind to help me out… if you could please help me with one other question. According to a tutorial that I am doing I should be getting a specific output message but instead all that I am getting is this(see image)

. Is there something else that I am doing wrong? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Sure @kariez. As you’ve received 200 OK as Status response - means you’ve successfully called the endpoint.

In this case, the empty response would only mean that your endpoint or file registerUser.php has no values which can be retrieved. I would suggest you check back with your team on these details and proceed accordingly. Do let me know if you have any other queries around.