Where's CONNECT method in postman? I need a dirty beginner guide to quickly familiarize postman

Hi, I’m looking for a kind soul to help me! I am new to postman, I downloaded it because I have to come up with new verification and validation strategy for my company’s mobile app. My 2 questions are:

1. How do I test a CONNECT method? because postman does not have a CONNECT method, so how do i test my company’s mobile application, as it first needs to connect to our backend server, with a request that contains the version of the phone OS and other details for authentications.
  2. How to use postman to automate a series of API testing for my company’s mobile application, such that it is reusable and can output a comprehensive documentation of the test results? Could any kind soul refer me to a feature of postman, or a relevant article as an entry point for me to start looking?

For point 2 : You can see this

https://www.getpostman.com/docs/postman/collection_runs/working_with_data_files

Not sure about the connect method

That request method isn’t available in Postman yet. We do see the use of less-frequent request methods and have planned to schedule something around them in future.

2 years on, and CONNECT still isn’t in. Is there an ETA?

Hi @JBird20,

It looks like this post is pretty old and has not been updated.

If you’d like to use the CONNECT method, simply try typing “CONNECT” in the method dropdown, and you should be able to execute it. Refer to the screenshot below.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thannks @odanylewycz .

I’ve now done this, but it doesn’t seen to connect, just sits at “Sending Request”. I assume that something my side?

You’re welcome @JBird20,

But I’m sorry to hear its not working. Its possible its something on your side. Now that you have made a request method with CONNECT, I would generate a curl command from it by clicking “Code” as you can see here:

Then if that doesn’t work, it’s likely that you are having a problem connecting to the server outside of Postman.