Postman not starting up - stuck in preparing workspace

Win 10 box, when i try to start up postman, its just stuck.

I have un-installed, deleted both directories (appdata) and re-installed.
I have also tried to start it up from command line and its the same issue.
Also, i didnt have NODE_OPTIONS in my env variable.

Anything else that i could try?

Hi @RichardBarrett

Can you try the steps mentioned in this below thread once again and let us know if that helps?

If the issue persists, would you install our Canary build to see if it opens as expected?

The canary build will be installed an entirely separate app/directory ā€“ if it works as expected, feel free to continue using it or to uninstall it entirely.

I tried the Canary build and i got the exact same behavior (where i am stuck loading):
Preparing your workspacesā€¦

I have also tried un-installing and deleting the two postman folders, same issue.

@RichardBarrett It looks like you are running into a known issue which is currently being tracked on GitHub tracker and below is the link for the same:

Can you try installing the previous version of the application v6, that appears to be working in this case for other users who have reported the same? Hope this helps!

Link to download v6: https://learning.getpostman.com/docs/postman-pro/managing-pro/migrating-to-v7/#download-latest-postman-v6-app

1 Like

that worked, thanks for your help (note, assuming that there is some auto update as i have not updated things in a few months, for this to occur).

1 Like

I have the same problem on Win 10. Uninstalled Postman and installed an old version - now everything runs again. Colleagues can run latest version on the same setup. Looks strange to me?

1 Like

Hi @markus.wolf :slight_smile:

Yes and that isnā€™t the expected way out. We are aware of this issue and are currently tracking this on below GitHub link as mentioned in my earlier response:

Do subscribe to the thread to receive latest notifications on this issue.

Hi,
My postman stuck on Mac with the same messege.
Any idea?
Thanks, Adi

Hi @Adishab - could you follow the steps mentioned in the article below and see if that helps?

Hi,
Thanks for the fast feedback.
The issue fixed by itself in the day afterā€¦ strange.
Thanks anyway,
Adi

1 Like

I did install yours but is that has the same function ? I will see it. I am student developer
thank you any way.

1 Like

I guess i am still having issues.
I had tried to update my win10 box again (from the 6.7.4) version, which i can install and it will work.
But if i try to upgrade it or install the latest version or install the latest canary version.
Then i cant seem to get past the ā€˜preparing workspacesā€™.

I un-install (deleted the local data / roaming) folders.
But i am assuming that there is something else (maybe a registry value?) that is preventing me from getting past.

My old win7 box, had no issues updating to the latest version.
And i really wanted to check out some of the great new features.

Thanks again.

That shouldnā€™t be the case, you should have it running after clearing the cache. Could you share screenshots of what you see there?

Also, you may try all the latest features now on Postman Web: http://go.postman.co/home :slight_smile: Hope this helps you get around this issue.

my instance of postman was stuck when trying to prepare workspaces too, What finally worked for me was to install from v6 again and then follow instructions from postman itself to do updates v7 and then v8.
thank you !!

1 Like

Itā€™s good for me, thank you!

1 Like

@Kurmavatar Hello sir,

I am using windows 7 (32 bit). I am facing the same issue. While installing Postman it gets stuck saying preparing your workspace. I tried the solution mentioned by you i.e I deleted old folder of postman from AppData - Local & Roaming and again downloaded latest version for installation, but no luck and got the same issue again. May I know what could be wrong in my case as I am using windows 7 (32 bit), and I tried installing 8.8.0 version of postman. Please reply as I have spent weeks to resolve this.

@Kurmavatar Canary version also did not work for me. Finally Version 6 of postman worked for me. But this is severe issue which needs to be looked by postman tech team on urgent basis

Hi @shailendra1793, sorry to hear that.

After the initial install, I have faced the screen myself but after a couple of minutes the application does launch without any issues on Windows. Since canary is a fresh install, keep it launched for some time and see if that works? If at all the issue persists, please write to us at http://postman.com/support here and we will check on this further.

As you have v6 installed currently, you may try the latest features of v.8.x directly on Postman web: https://go.postman.co/home as well.

@Kurmavatar sir,

Thank you for writing back to me. Yes as you mentioned I kept it launched for more than 15 minutes still it did not start, both Postman 8.8.0 & Canary versions. I think postman needs to do assesment of system specification for application to run (pre-requesite like .Net version, Java version etc). As of now using postman version 6 .

Thanks & Regards.

1 Like

Iā€™m using Postman 7.36.6. I upgraded to 8.12.14 and nothing works, canā€™t load workspace. Reinstalled 7.36.6 and it works fine.

1 Like